Subscribe via feed.

Ford Dealership: King’s X Sorry

Posted by Realist on June 2, 2008 – 4:25 pm

jesus: sit down shut upYou probably heard about Kieffe & Sons Ford of Mojave and Rosemond, CA who ran a radio ad telling non-Christians to “sit down and shut up.” It went a little something like this,

…did you know that 86% of Americans say they believe in God? Since we all know that 86 out of every 100 of us are Christians, who believe in God, we at Kieffe & Sons Ford wonder why we don’t tell the other 14% to sit down and shut up. I guess I just offended 14% of the people who are listening to this message. Well, if that is the case then I say that’s tough, this is America folks, it’s called free speech. None of us at Kieffe & Sons Ford is afraid to speak out. Kieffe & Sons Ford on Sierra Highway in Mojave and Rosamond, if we don’t see you today, by the grace of God, we’ll be here tomorrow.

Later, according to BoingBoing.net, “Rick Kieffe, owner of Kieffe and Sons Ford in Mojave and Rosamond, publicly apologized for the ad, saying that a) he doesn’t actually attend church, and b) he didn’t approve the ad.”

All well and good, but now he’s taking the apology back claiming he was forced to apologize by Ford Motor Company. He said, “I don’t regret the sentiment at all. It’s what we believe.”

For Christ’s sake,

Miss Poppy

Let’s be friends! Best friends!
http://www.myspace.com/misspoppy316

Adult Christianity
http://www.jesus21.com/

What A Trend We Have in Jesus!
http://www.misspoppy.com


This post is under “Uncategorized” and has 6 respond so far.
If you enjoy this article, make sure you subscribe to my RSS Feed.

6 Responds so far- Add one»

  1. 1. Anntichrist S. Coulter Said:

    Fords suck, anyway. I wouldn’t take one off of a fucking xmas tree.

  2. 2. The skepTick Said:

    So he’s sorry if he offended anyone but he doesn’t regret the sentiment of the ad? And what is the sentiment of the ad if not to offend non-Christians? This is a non-apology and it’s obvious he wouldn’t have made it if not for Ford Motor Company cracking the whip.

    And Christians should be offended as well since it is also obvious that Kieffe was capitalizing on their faith to sell cars, seeing as how he doesn’t really practice the faith himself.

  3. 3. Anntichrist S. Coulter Said:

    I’m glad that you attached that link, SkepTick. Pretty much sums up my early life in a nutshell, but it wasn’t ’cause of cartoons and classical music. Hell, being raised by rednecks (which is almost justs like being raised by wolves, except that the wolves have table manners), I wasn’t exposed to classical music until COLLEGE.

  4. 4. The skepTick Said:

    Ha! I guess it is an appropriate link, although it wasn’t the one I had intended. I had another relevant post in mind but pasted the wrong link. However, I can see how Kieffe must have been one of those “happy children”.

    Boy, you must have been thinking…wtf?

  5. 5. Anntichrist S. Coulter Said:

    Actually, it kinda made sense, conceptually. Think of how “happy” the kids of bibul-bangers are, especially those who “whoomp!” out of a clown-car vagina. I just don’t think that those poor home-schooled little bastids are doing to score higher than your average fungus on any tests. The egomaniacs who think that their BREEDING experience makes them into a “teacher” are fucking their kids out of an education and a LIFE with that idiotic shit.

    Maybe this Ford-shilling douchebag was home-skooled and is still really fucking bitter about it… well, that, and having learned human anatomy from an Adam & Eve coloring book with fig leaves over all of the good parts.

    Good post, btw.

  6. 6. Terrible Said:

    did you know that 86% of Americans say they believe in God?

    And the wack jobs refuse to recognize the fact that a large portion of those 86% aren’t refering to quite the same Gawd as they pretend is their sky-daddy. You reckon this Kieffe clown would blow a gasket if he knew how many of those that said yes they believe in God meant Minos?

Post a reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.